< Back

Carnwath Golf Club

Carnwath Golf Club

1 Main Street
ML11 8JX
Tel: +44 (0)1555 840251

Visit our website to book direct Email us

Accommodation near Carnwath Golf Club
Restaurants near Carnwath Golf Club

Carnwath Golf Club was founded in 1907 on a piece of land called Gallow Hill, situated to the west of the village of Carnwath. The 9 hole course was laid out by Mr W, Auchterlonie of St Andrew's and opened by Lady Lockhart, the wife of Sir Simon M Lockhart, Honorary President of the club and laird of the estates, on 29th June 1907.

The course was extended to 18 holes in May 1922 and by 1936 was visited by more than 3000 golfers annually. With the acquisition of a further 20 acres south of the course, it's layout was again redesigned by G M Clark, club champion, and the new layout opened in July 1963.

Old Drynie