< Back

St Andrews Eden Course

St Andrews Eden Course

St Andrews Links Trust
Pilmour House
St Andrews
Fife
Scotland
KY16 9SF
Tel: +44 (0) 1334 466666

Visit our website to book direct Email us

Accommodation near St Andrews Eden Course
Restaurants near St Andrews Eden Course

By the year 1913 the pressure for play on the Old, New and Jubilee courses was such that a fourth course was required. Opened for play in 1914, the Eden course was designed by Harry S. Colt, internationally renowned for his course design skills. His use of natural features and of partially buried field boundary walls gives the course an entirely natural feel.

Alterations completed in 1989 under the direction of the golf course architect Donald Steel do not fall short of the high standards set by Mr. Colt. The result is a course of character but slightly less testing and more forgiving than the three courses lying on the seaward side

Ping