< Back

Selkirk Golf Club

Selkirk Golf Club

The Hill
Tel: +44 (0)1750 20621

Visit our website to book direct Email us

Accommodation near Selkirk Golf Club
Restaurants near Selkirk Golf Club

Golf has been played over the Selkirk hill since the club was founded in 1883. The present course was laid out in 1924, by Musselburgh's Willie Park. Overlooking the town the golf club provides a spectacular view over the Linglie Hills and the distant rolling hills of Ettrick & Yarrow

Apart from the 3rd and 4th holes, which are similar but run in different directions, the other holes are uniquely different. The 8th or "Long Hole" is well known throughout the borders as being difficult. A drive into a narrow Valley allows you to place a 2nd shot safely on the fairway leaving a short pitch to a green hidden by heathery mounds. The clubhouse was refurbished in 1995 allowing the club to provide all the necessary facilities for the modern Golfer.

Visitors are always most welcome, with weekend golf and catering available if booked in advance. For further details see our visitors page. 

Edale House