< Back

Renishaw Park Golf Club

Renishaw Park Golf Club

Golf House
Mill Lane
Renishaw
Sheffield
S21 3UZ
Tel: +44 (0)1246 432044

Visit our website to book direct Email us

Accommodation near Renishaw Park Golf Club
Restaurants near Renishaw Park Golf Club

Renishaw Park Golf Club was the brainchild of Sir George R. Sitwell Bt. and in 1911 he constructed an 18 hole golf course spanning the Sheffield to Barlborough road. The front nine holes were set in the parkland adjoining Renishaw Hall with the back nine holes across the road alongside the River Rother.

In the construction of the original course little or no resculpturing took place except for the levelling of tees and greens. The course has largely remained unaltered with the exception of the ninth and twelfth holes. The ninth has been lengthened by the construction of a narrow fairway alongside the main road whilst the twelfth was converted from a par three to a dog-leg par four.

These modifications coupled with backward movement of tees have resulted in the course being lengthened from 5329 yards (circa 1925) to its present length of 6132 yards. In addition to the construction of the course Sir George converted an old hostelry (parts of which date back to James the First) into a clubhouse for the use of members. The old buildings were extended in 1913 by the addition of a new wing designed by Sir Edwin Lutyens.

The course and clubhouse remained as a private company under the control of the Sitwell family until 1952, at which time the company was dissolved and administration of the clubhouse and course transferred to a private members club. This situation remains today.

Titleist