< Back

Portumna Golf Club

Portumna Golf Club

Ennis Road
Portumna
Galway
Ireland

Tel: +353 (0)90 9741059

Visit our website to book direct Email us

Accommodation near Portumna Golf Club
Restaurants near Portumna Golf Club

Portumna Golf Club was founded in 1913 on land directly across the road from the entrance to the present course. In 1934 the move was made to the present location on land rented from the Clanrickard Estate.

The new course was designed then by Michael O'Keeffe, B.E. and was opened by Mons. Joyce on June 30th 1935. In 1935 also a new pavilion was constructed mostly of timber supplied free of charge by McAinish & Co. and a new bar and modern toilet facilities were added later.

In 1997 the existing clubhouse was extended and refurbished to provide modern facilities for a rapidly expanding club membership. Subsequent alterations and addition to the course has resulted in the fine facility that we now enjoy.

Titleist