< Back

Hoylake Golf CLub

Hoylake Golf CLub

Carr Lane
Hoylake
Wirral
Merseyside
England
CH47 4BA
Tel: +44 (0)151 6322956

Visit our website to book direct Email us

Accommodation near Hoylake Golf CLub
Restaurants near Hoylake Golf CLub

In 1933 a group of gentlemen with a common interest in golf decided to form a new Golf Club. They decided upon the name Hoylake, and this proved to be the founding of this great club. It was not the first club to play at the Hoylake municipal golf links. This distinction goes to Grosvenor Grange Ladies GC, which was, in 1898 formed by a group of ladies from The Royal Liverpool Golf Club who desired to play golf unhindered by the social constraints of the times. The Royal Liverpool purchased some land and constructed a 9 hole course for the ladies.

Some 30 years later the Parish council, wanting to increase public amenities bought the course and converted it into an 18 hole course with the aid of Mr. James Braid, one third of the legendary Triumvirate of turn of the century golfers which also included JH Taylor & Harry Vardon.

The course today is largely as he designed it, with the only significant difference being the order in which we play the holes. The Club is affiliated to the English Golf Union through the Cheshire Golf Union, and as such our handicaps are recognized worldwide.

We enjoy a close relationship with the course Professional and his staff who are always ready to help with your golfing needs and provide an excellent service.

Ping