< Back

Boldon Golf Club

Boldon Golf Club

Dipe Lane
East Boldon
Tyne & Wear
England
NE36 0PQ
Tel: +44 (0)191 536 5360

Visit our website to book direct Email us

Accommodation near Boldon Golf Club
Restaurants near Boldon Golf Club

The Club was founded in 1912 by a few Gentlemen of the village. It was started with 9 holes on the old vale course, but after a short while it moved to South Boldon. It remained a 9-hole course until 1926, when it was expanded to 18 holes with over 100 acres, laid out to the design of Mr Harry Vardon.

The history of the club has been one of steady development and improvements to the course, Clubhouse facilities and professional services to members. Membership is drawn predominantly from the immediate Boldons and surrounding areas. The variety of scenic beauty afforded from the more elevated positions of the course is particularly good.

From the 5th tee a fine view is obtained taking in the North Sea with parts of Northumberland, Durham and the North Yorkshire Coasts and from the 14th tee the view of the River Wear and Penshaw Monument is pleasing. The natural difficulties of the course, which measures some 6500 yards from the medal tees and has a standard scratch score of 70, have over the years, been enhanced by an extensive bunker programme and the planting of copses of trees. Over the years, the development of these programmes has resulted in a course, which is a fine test of golfing ability.

The Clubhouse, purchased in 1926, is a fine old house standing in it's own grounds, which has recently been developed to provide all modern amenities for golfers and social members. For visitors packages for both the winter and summer are available, plus Boldon has joined the 2 Fore 1 Scheme.

Old Drynie