< Back

Blackley Golf Club

Blackley Golf Club

Victoria Avenue East
Manchester
M9 7HW
Tel: +44 (0)161 6432980

Visit our website to book direct Email us

Accommodation near Blackley Golf Club
Restaurants near Blackley Golf Club

Whilst originally situated several miles closer to the centre of Manchester, Blackley has occupied its present site since 1937 following the acquisition of the original course by Manchester City Council. The original clubhouse was replaced by a bright, modern new build in 2009, of which the members are rightly proud.

Members of note during the Clubs history include the late Bob Garner, a local man who enjoyed some success on the professional golf circuit of the day. One of his highlights was actually leading the Open Field after day one of the 1952 Championship played at Royal Lytham.

Ping